Sunday, March 4, 2012

finding treasure

My husband and I spent the afternoon cleaning out the attached. garage.  We have a contractor coming in later this week to mud, tape, and paint the interior of the garage.  Over the years the drywalled interior has held up pretty well, but moisture over time in the unheated garage has caused the old tape to come off the ceiling and the garage to need a good sprucing up.

We found a lot of "treasures"  in the garage.  We have quite a bit of shelving to hold the totes full of books from a grade level I no longer teach, but can't bear to part with yet as well as coolers, Christmas decorations, and canning jars.  We found a mouse nest, but fortunately no mice.  A mateless tennis shoe, a glass globe that neither of us could remember putting out in the garage or where it might fit, and a bunch of empty boxes--who put them on the shelves?  why would we keep them?  Oh, and did I mention 5 pairs of worn cowboy boots?  It seems my husband thought we might have a cowboy theme party at some point.  Yee-ha!


1 comment:

  1. Treasures - I'm with you about the books. They are the best treasures. I could hear your voice in your questions and it made me laugh. Love it!

    ReplyDelete