Monday, March 5, 2012

Mudpie memories

Do you remember making mudpies as a child?  My sister and I loved to "cook" just like our mom.  We spent numerous warm summer days making mudpies and cupcakes and cookies and all sorts of yummy deserts.  Just like Mom. 

One fine day the road workers patched our road with new tar.  Lisa and I had so much fun playing in the muddy road making our pies and other treats.  But when we went in for supper the "mud" would not wash off.  I don't know who cried more as we took a bath and worked to scrub the tar off of us.

2 comments:

  1. oh...totally made me smile, with the tar... and I thought of a great memory from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post--and then you get to the end and have to laugh. Loved it (and also had a memory spark from it!)

    ReplyDelete