Thursday, March 22, 2012

I meant to do my work today...

Today I was supposed to finish some make up tests and work on a competitive grant that is due to the DOE next week.  I meant to do my work today, but ...

Some of the students who needed to complete the make up tests were still absent.
Other students had practice for tonight's Spring Musical.
A child asked me to come buy one of her writing journals from the economy sale her grade level was hosting.
A colleague needed a listening ear.
My principal asked me to provide details about our upcoming author's visit.
A teacher wanted some input on a lesson plan.
A few phone calls interrupted my day.
I helped set up the room for an after school training.

I think the scheduled work with keep until tomorrow.  Wait, I did do my work today.  It just wasn't the work I had scheduled.



4 comments:

  1. That sounds like my every day. I have had a steady stream of students coming in for extra help on this or that writing project or speech or just a few who want to see if I can help them find a book to read. How can you say no to that? In my book, it's nearly impossible. It's why I became a teacher. Some days though, I wish I could just put a sign in the window to give me a day off to catch up on grading or some other project that needs done so I'm not losing sleep or time with my family to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ending line said it all. You did work hard today! Perhaps tomorrow you can get on with your regularly scheduled programming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean other people have similar days to mine??
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've described perfectly how in a school, the work you think you're going to do often ends up turning into something else! :-) Loved this window into your day!

    ReplyDelete