Friday, March 9, 2012

memories

My husband and I spent a recent evening in my dad's barn trying to assist a young neighbor as he worked to start an old Case tractor that he had purchased from my dad. As I stood there childhood memories filtted through my mind.

  • riding in the gravity wagon with my siblings
  • hiding in the corn field
  • find baby mice and keeping them as "pets" in a jar under my bed
  • feeding the chickens
  • watching Dad compete in tractor pulls
  • canning tomatoes
  • raising pigs for 4H
  • falling off our pony
  • walking down the long lane to and from the school bus
  • chasing lightning bugs
  • hiking in the woods
  • reading under the shade tree
  • Laddie our dog
What a great way to spend an evening! 

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure of a list! If you ever need a writing idea, just look here!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Childhood memories cover so much ground, thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know about your 4H story raising pigs. I want more, more smells, feelings, sounds. I feel like I have just taken off the lid of a wonderful beautiful jar, and now I am waiting to see what is inside.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. i will work on that story and post it soon.

      Delete