Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Encounter with the garbage truck

I normally walk for 45 minutes each morning before school.  I just don't get exercise in if I wait until later in the day.  I have been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather July-like weather  in my area recently.  So, even though it is still dark I have been walking outside. 

It has been wonderful!  I have been listening to the Spring sounds lately.  The birds playful chirping as they chase each other.  The squirrels loud chatter as they run across the streets and up the trees.  The loud clatter of the garbage truck.  Wait?  The garbage truck?

This morning was trash pick up day in our town.  As I was enjoying the blessed Spring weather I heard the grinding and roaring of the garbage truck coming down the street behind me.  The faster I walked the louder and faster it moved.   For a minute my heart raced.  Was the garbage truck following me?  Am I safe here in the dark?  Could they see me?  (There was no sidewalk on that stretch of street.)  Just as I was preparing to bail into someone's yard, the garbage truck turned down a side street ready to disturb someone else's peace and quiet.

Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you survived your encounter with the garbage truck! I'm sorry that it interrupted your spring sounds.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in awe of people who can get up and exercise first thing in the morning. I am clapping for you right now. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete